If you’ve ever been to Disneyland, you know that you can spend a lot of time waiting in lines. With the opening of the Little Mermaid attraction at Disney’s California Adventure Park and the newest version of Star Tours, you can expect to wait even longer. For those of you who only get to hit Disneyland for 5 days a year, if that, the lineups can seriously cut into your park time.
Rather than getting frustrated, get smart. Mousewait, the Disneyland (and now Disneyworld) wait time app for iPhone and Droids is by far the best Disneyland app available. As a rabid Disney fan I’ve tried them all, and Mousewait beats the competition hands down.
There are many reasons for the excellent 5 star reviews of Mousewait in the app store, but the highlights include:
- User entered wait times that are accurate to the minute. You can know where you are going and what the shortest line is before you even walk in that direction
- Park information, including hours, parades, shows, and even a restaurant guide with ratings of all Disneyland, California Adventure, and downtown Disney eateries.
- A link to the Howard Johnson web cam, where you can watch the Disneyland fireworks via webcam or catch a glimpse of World of Color from your iPhone or iPad. I am such a Disney nut that I’ve synced the music for the fireworks and watched them as it played along. Its not quite the same as being there, but its a nice distraction when you are sitting in the cold, wet gloom of winter.
- Mousewait Radio: Includes all of your favorite Disney music, with attraction theme songs and beautiful songs that play on Main Street USA.
- The Mousewait Lounge: Mousewait is full of the kindest, most knowledgeable Disney people I’ve ever had the pleasure to virtually meet. The Lounge has cast members who work in the park and at Disney Corporate headquarters, as well as people who have annual passes that just want to share their love of Disney. There are some great people that frequent the lounge, and they can answer almost any question you might have about Disneyland or DisneyWorld
I downloaded this app in January of 2010. Although I have only been to Disneyland once since then, I check into this app every single day. It brings a sprinkle of Disney magic into my home, and if you are a fan like I am, this can mean the world to someone who can’t visit that often.