Cabana at pool side
Great new hotel in Anaheim, and it's so close to Disney you can practically smell the popcorn.
There’s nothing I love more than a new hotel, and if given the choice I will always, always choose a new hotel over one that’s been there forever. This is especially true in Anaheim and for hotels near the Disneyland Resort. I have my favorites picked from staying in the area over the years, but if a new one pops up I’m there.
I’ve been lucky enough to stay in many, many Disneyland hotels over the years, so when the opportunity came to try out the Hotel Indigo Anaheim I jumped at it. We booked at the end of May for my birthday weekend, and it’s interesting to note that when we booked it they were rated as 14 or 15 out of all Anaheim hotels on Trip Advisor. Now? They’re #2.
In quick and easy point form, here’s my review of the Hotel Indigo Anaheim:
- We checked in at 6:30 pm after a quick flight from Vancouver, and check in was easy, the room was ready, and everyone was friendly and helpful
- First impressions of the Family Suite on the 4th floor were summed up with one word – Wow! It was quite spacious, had laminate floors (absolutely love this), two very comfortable queen beds, and a couch area with coffee table.
- The bathroom was amazing, with a huge glass walk in shower.
- There was a huge mural on the wall, and I loved the overall esthetic of the room. It’s very contemporary.
- The hotel is a 5 minute drive from the Mickey and Friends Parking structure and a 20 minute walk from the front gate.
- Located right by a strip of restaurants and Anaheim Garden Walk.
- Had a very cool light and water show in front of the hotel several times a night. It wasn’t the Bellagio in Vegas but I liked it.
- The restaurant was great, and we had breakfast there several times before heading into the park. We had one server who would bring out the whip cream canister for the kid’s pancakes, and he was a definite gem.
- They have a cooler full of snacks for sale if you get the late night munchies.
- The pool area is small, but they have an amazing cabana which is perfect for relaxing while the kids swim.
- Underground parking, which is a plus when you don’t want your car to bake in the heat of California.
- Parking and Wifi are included, bless their souls. Wifi is speedy too.
Let me just say off the top that I loved this hotel. Everything about it – from the location to the room – was exactly what we were looking for, even with a family of six. So although I have nothing bad to say about it, here are some things to be aware of when you go:
- Because the parking lot isn’t very big and the hotel is located on a busy road, you may have to fight for a space at night. Keep in mind that parking is free, unlike some hotels in the area. On the one night there were no spots, I went inside and asked where we should park. They let us stop park right in front of the doors, which was pretty darn awesome if you ask me.
- The window from our room let us view the fireworks at night, but it was looked over a very unattractive grass field. I hope someone develops that area eventually. I wasn’t there for the view though, and it didn’t bother me at all.
I’m not surprised that the Hotel Indigo Anaheim has surged to the top of Trip Advisor’s list of top hotels in Anaheim. It has earned all those 5 star reviews. Spacious, clean, and very close to Disneyland, I can’t recommend this one enough.
For my kids it’s ‘Have Mom, will travel’ – check out all of my hotel and trip reviews.